There are many ways to help our Mission by donating your time and talents. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Mary Kate Kelly, at (973) 538-6337 or email@example.com.
Food Drive –
Project Backpack –
Hygiene Kits –
- Collect personal hygiene items (list available) to be used in hygiene kits that we distribute to the men in our program
- Sort & package hygiene items into Ziploc bags
Coat Drive/Giveaway – annual coat giveaway held the 1st Saturday in November on the Green in Morristown:
- Collect coats through a coat drive
- Sort and bundle coats (at our Thrift Store) during the month of October
- Help distribute coats on the day of the giveaway
- Help by wrapping gifts for the men’s children at our annual Christmas “Toyshop” in December
- Collect items to be given as gifts to the men (list available)
- Help wrap and package the gifts for the men
Additional Volunteer Opportunities
- Assist the executive staff with office duties ‒ typing, phones, data entry, mailings, filing, and more.
- Tutor residents pursuing their GED. We especially need adult math and English tutors. Hours are flexible.
- Sort food, stock shelves and inventory pantry goods.
- Serve lunch and clean-up afterward.
- Serve evening meals and clean-up afterward.
- Bring in baked goods/treats for meals (cookies, cupcakes, etc).
- Use your skill as a carpenter, plumber, electrician, welder, etc. to handle on-going repairs and improvements.
- Various indoor painting projects.
- We can always use help at our Thrift Store. There are a great variety of tasks to be done there including:
- Sorting through donated items, pricing and organizing (clothing, jewelry, electronics, bric-a-brac, etc.)
- Cleaning furniture, windows & mirrors, floors, etc.
- General maintenance and clean-up outside of Thrift Store, such as mowing the lawn, raking, weeding, stacking tires, sweeping, etc.