Family Counseling Services – Now open to all!
We are grateful for your partnership as we experience exciting results from our initiative to help families and friends of our clients affected by Substance Abuse.
Expanding our counseling services to include families of our clients has been met with very favorable responses. We believe we are more fully meeting the needs of clients to reconcile with their loved ones and rebuild family relationships.
Here are a few goals of our Family Practice:
- Provide a safe place for families to learn about Substance Abuse
- Give family members space to share their story and explore their feelings of betrayal and hurt
- Provide support for family members who may feel alone in their struggle to understand the difference between helping and enabling
- Educate families of the dangers of Codependency
- Establish Healthy Boundaries
- Work towards rebuilding trust through acceptance and forgiveness
- De-triangulate unhealthy relationships and look to strengthen healthy relationships of clients so that reconciliation might be given a chance
We are also offering our family counseling services to those who have no loved ones at the Mission.
Please email David Dressler or call 973-538-4953 to arrange an appointment.
David Dressler, MA
Intern Marriage and Family Therapist
Supervisor: Dr. William Presnell
David has completed his Master’s degree in Marriage and Family Therapy at the Alliance Graduate School of Counseling (AGSC) Nyack, NY. He attained his BA in Psychology- Christian Counseling, with a minor in Biblical studies through Liberty University. He currently works with Individuals, Couples and Families. Combined with his training, and passion for building relationships, David offers a supportive relationship to those desiring help in the area of anxiety, depression, addictions, relationship building, life transitions, trauma, grief and loss. He specializes in personal development, communications styles, boundaries, and finding inner peace towards an emotionally healthy being. He has worked as a small business owner, Project Manager, and a Licensed Pastor. When not counseling, David enjoys time with his wife and 5 children.